This is a SWEET Syncro Westy. It has mostly all original paint, no collision damage, and no rust. It got a fresh GoWesty 2.3 liter engine about 15k miles ago (invoice on record), so it is still under warranty. We paid $13,000 for it, which was a fair deal. This Syncro Westy would have fetched at least $18k on eBay...
We are marking it up 20%—hey, we gotta eat!
The price listed above includes what we paid for it, our mark up, and the cost to do the following:
• Fresh GoWesty transaxle with 48/48 warranty
• 16" alloy wheels with 215/70-16 BFG all-terrain tires
• Skid plate instead of low-hanging spare tire
• Space saver spare and mini air compressor on top of skid plate
• All new brakes, big brakes up front
• Completely rebuilt front suspension
• Steering rack boots and outer tie rod ends replaced
• OME gas shocks all around with GoWesty 2" lifting springs
• Super duper GoWesty ultra thorough major service
• Reliability items totaling over $2500
• New GoWesty LP tank
• GoWesty high powered headlight kit and lens protectors installed
• Nice stereo system with hands-free controls, cell phone and iPod controls
• AC basic repair and recharge, so it "works" (in other words, don't get too excited!)
• GoWesty super duper interior/exterior restoration
- Nose and top repainted to match rest of (original) paint
- Rest of paint touched up, color sanded, polished, waxed
- Fresh GoWesty black-texture treatment all around bottom
- Everything that is supposed to be there is guaranteed to be there
- Everything that is there is guaranteed to work!
- Sound deadening added to inside of front doors
- Keyless entry system
- GoWesty plate steel bumpers
- GoWesty deluxe 3-window acrylic pop-top tent
- Refrigerator eliminated (all electric frig and solar coming later)
None of this work is done. So, if you want it more customized (re-gearing, front locker, solar fridge, furnace, etc.), just say the word!
Please allow at least 3 months for delivery—we are TOTALLY swamped.
Richard and Corbie of California snapped up this puppy. Nice buy, guys!
Sent: Tuesday, December 02, 2014
To: GoWesty crew
Subject: Thank you!
I want to extend our deepest gratitude to y'all for the great teamwork your group demonstrated while we were on the edge down in the Anza Borrego desert. With the consortium of advice and logistics that we were able to receive from you folks, we decided to take the risk and go in and out of the outback for a week with an edgy water pump. And were able to drive the rig 350 miles back to home yesterday, losing only a quart of coolant along the way. I slacked the V belt to its non-squeaky minimum tension, which decreased the drip rate by 75%. We had picked up the replacement pump you folks rushed down in Borrego Springs on Monday, and it was reassuring to have the necessary component with us as we drove back home in case of a big letdown.
Anyway, challenged to go deep into Coyote Canyon to the bitter end of a wash they call a road, our van crawled up Boulder Alley and deep into the nastiest gorge we'd ever traversed to camp by a clear water creek hidden in a parched site named Middle Willows with a branch of our family from San Diego. It was the best thanksgiving ever, thanks to you guys and the neat product you are capable of producing.
Below is a photo showing the austerity of Boulder Alley. It's amazing what this machine can do! The Fox shock addition has been a superb recommendation. Can’t wait until these tires wear out so we can go a bit more aggressive and really have some fun!
Thanks again for your insight and dedication.