We sold this Westy to Paul back in June of 2007 when it had only 84,075 miles on it. For details on that sale, click here.
He has decided to sell it for personal reasons, not because of anything to do with the vehicle itself. He loves this Westy.
Please review the details below to learn about all that has gone into building this Westy.
The price includes:
• GoWesty super thorough ultra major service
- All maintenance items back to zero miles
• Brake, suspension, cooling, electrical, injection, fuel systems—all gone through thoroughly
• Suspension lifting springs
• GoWesty 16" wheel and tire package:
-215/70-16 Michelin LTX tires
-16x7.5" alloy wheels
• Fresh GoWesty transaxle with 48/48 warranty
• Fresh clutch
• All new rear brakes
• New 3-window cotton pop-top tent
• GoWesty high powered headlight kit
• GoWesty deluxe 2nd battery system
• Nice stereo system and new speakers all around
• OEM VW South African mud flaps all around
• GoWesty super thorough ultra major detail inside and out
- Everything that is supposed to be there is there
- Everything that is there is guaranteed to work
• Over $2900 worth of just-in-case reliability enhancing work
• Yakima roof rack brackets
• South African upper grill and 4-round lights
• South African wrap-around lower grill
• Smoked turn signal lenses all around
• Nice black rubber mats throughout
• Black texture coating around bottom
• Full size spare tire on body mounted swing away carrier
• Skid plate under front instead of low-hanging spare
• South African leather steering wheel
• GoWesty refrigerator eliminator kit
• All windows professionally removed and tinted
• Three-point seat belts for rear seat
• GoWesty pop-top lift-assist
• New ventilation fan in dash 12/08 @ 94,637
• Fresh pair of cylinder heads 03/09 @ 96,405 miles
Included in the price above, but not done yet is:
• Auxiliary battery system updated to current state-of-the-art kit
• 50 watt solar panel system
• All-electric Engel MT45 refrigerator
• Fully detailed
• Fully serviced
The engine is still the original, and is still very healthy and has plenty of life. However, at only 90hp... well, it would be nice to put a fresh 2.5 in it—but that IS NOT included in the price above. Tax, license, smog inspection and certificate and/or shipping as applicable is also NOT included in the listed price.
This vehicle is here on consignment. Paul is getting $30,000, and GoWesty is getting a 10% commission, plus the cost of the work to be done.
All service and maintenance has been done right here at GoWesty. It is still in superb physical condition—Paul took terrific care of it. It still has mostly all original paint, and still shines very nicely. No, it is NOT perfect, of course. But, very, very nice, and fully up to GoWesty standards. Not rusty, never crashed—just a very nice Westy.
Paul spent a total of $48,521.62 on this Westy, and put a total of 23,625 miles on it. It is better than when he purchased it, and is priced at over $12,000 less than he paid. This Westy would cost well over $50k to duplicate today.
Yeah, it's a good deal.
What are you waiting for?
Noth'n, says Chris! I'll take it, it's perfect, except add:
Fiamma F45 ten foot awning in black case
Upgraded stereo with blue tooth and iPOD interface
Ship to my front door!
You bet, Chris!