This Westy first came to GoWesty back in 2004 when it had only 69k miles on it. We serviced it a few times, and we eventually sold it for the owners back in 2005. For details on that sale, click here.
This is everything that was done at the time:
• 16" tire and wheel set
• South African mud flap set
• Bilstein shocks all around
• GoWesty auxiliary battery system
• Big brakes up front
• Fridge update
We just re-purchased this Westy for $15,000. We are marking that up 20%, and doing the following work which is all included in the price.:
• Super duper ultra thorough major GoWesty mechanical service
- all maintenance items back to zero miles
• All new rear brakes (big front brakes still in good shape!)
• All new fuel hose with plastic firewall death-fitting omitted
• All new cooling system from front to rear
• Full page of reliability-enhancing items totaling over $2200
• Super duper ultra thorough major GoWesty detail inside and out
- Back to looking as new inside and out as you can get
- Everything that is supposed to be there is THERE
- Everything that is supposed to be there WORKS, guaranteed
• New windshield and seal
• Nice stereo with all new speakers
• GoWesty plate steel bumpers front and rear
• GoWesty black texture coating around bottom of vehicle
• High powered headlight system
• New 3-window 100% acrylic pop-top tent, in gray
• New LP tank assembly
• New current state-of-the-art 2nd battery system
• GoWesty solar panel system
• Original fridge swapped out for more space
• Quick release, all-electric fridge behind passenger seat
• Fiamma F45 awning
The paint on this Westy is still all original and in EXCELLENT condition. The engine and tranny are still original, too, and are still working very nicely. The only reason to replace them now would be to save a little money in the long run, and to get a more powerful, more efficent engine.
It is not every day you can buy a Westy THIS nice with such low mileage.
Did I mention that this is a really nice Westy...?
Tyler of Oregon snapped this puppy RIGHT up. In additiona to the stuff we were already going to do, he is also having us add:
Fresh GoWesty 2.5 liter and shipping to his front door.
Fresh GoWesty automatic transaxle, with
GoWesty exclusive torque-biasing (posi traction) differential
9% taller final drive for 9% lower engine speeds
Comfy mattresses upstairs and down
Power windows added
Power door locks added to front doors
Factory cruise control
OEM VW South Africa leather steering wheel
Black leather Recaro front seats with matching front door panels
Nice buy, Tyler! Right on!