We purchased this Westy for $13,750. We are marking that up 20%, which is $2750. So, the starting price for the vehicle itself is only $16,500. This Westy has all original paint. Nice vehicle from the southwest which means: no covered-up rust anywhere, no harsh weather abuse.
John from Colorado is having us fix this one up NICE.
Here is a report showing how it all added up:
Invoice Cost Description
202837 $ 2,067.72 Project Over-Runs
201359 $ 8,709.09 Interior/Exterior Detail
201360 $ 3,225.26 Major Service, Suspension, Cooling
201461 $ 1,807.81 Timing Chains
202330 $ 6,688.12 Tires, Portable Fridge, Solar
202468 $ 542.70 Stereo, Rubber Mats
200883 $ 17,545.00 Vehicle Purchase Contract, S&H
$ 40,585.70 Total Project Cost
• Super duper GoWesty maintenance service
- All maintenance items back to zero miles
- New water pump with "anti-sudden death, engine melt-down" steel impeller
- New plastic thermostat housing and thermostat
• All new timing chains
• New Bilstein shocks all around
• Front suspension adjusted back to new specs
• Four wheel alignment
• New main battery
• Super duper GoWesty detailing inside, outside, and under
- Back to as close to new as you can get
- Everything that is SUPPOSED to be there is THERE
- Everything that is there WORKS, guaranteed!
• New, much higher capacity sealed deep cycle auxiliary battery
• Electric cooler hard-wired for better reliability
• New Engel fridge mounted on quick-release platform
• Solar Panel Kit
• Power Inverter
• Complete Yakima roof rack system w/locking towers
• Eurovan full camper swivel seat pedestal on passenger side
• New BFG All Terrain tires mounted on 16" x 7.5", 8 hole design wheels
• New sliding window side screens
• Nice stereo system with iPod interface and blue tooth cell phone control
• Black texture coating on bumpers and all around lower body line
• Comfy new mattresses for top and bottom beds
• Shipping costs to his front door!
Sent: Sunday, September 18, 2011 2:48 PM
Subject: Van is here and looks great
The Eurovan did arrive on Friday afternoon, and it looks terrific. I am very pleased, and want to thank everyone who did such a great job on it. I also want to write that despite my frustrations (over the vehicle transport), I have to admit that I am happy with the way the van was transported (which was out of your control)
Sent: Sunday, November 27, 2011 4:47 PM
To: S. Lucas Valdes
Subject: Van was great!
We took the van for our first extended trip over Thanksgiving -- from Boulder, CO to Death Valley, CA for some camping. It performed superbly and we are extremely pleased with it. What's more, every time I returned to the van after a hike I couldn't help but think how absolutely fantastic it looked. Thanks to you and your team for an outstanding job.
Sent: Monday, December 12, 2011 3:54 PM
Subject: Graham weekender: Wrong curtains: SOLVED
No problem at all. I am grateful to Larry for finding a curtain that matched my existing set.
I want to tell you that just today I commented to my wife that every time I turn into our drive and open the garage door, I am really, really happy to see the Eurovan sitting in there. It is the best looking Eurovan in Boulder, and there are a lot of them around here.