Nancy contacted us looking for a road worthy camping machine and in the end she decided on a 2002 Eurovan Weekender model. These vehicles were 100% German made with the additional Westfalia conversion. As we always do here at GoWesty, we rolled up our sleeves for Nancy, and went through it very, very thoroughly. Take a peek:
• GoWesty super duper ultra-thorough major service—everything back to 0 miles
• Rebuilt automatic transaxle with rebuilt torque converter.
• All new front brakes
• New water pump with steel impeller (instead of sudden-death original design)
• New GoWesty transmission external cooler kit
• New genuine VW windshield
• New thermostat and plastic housing—just in case
• AC serviced and working right FOR SURE
• GoWesty super duper detail inside and out
• As close to new looking, working, and smelling as possible
• Everything that is supposed to be there is there
• Everything that is there works—guaranteed!
•Two new batteries and charging isolator
• New stereo with Bluetooth
• GoWesty rodent ingress prevention kit installed
• All new, current design 16" wheel & BF Goodrich tire package
• GoWesty black texture treatment around lower body band
• Full page of reliability-enhancing mechanical items, totaling over $5000
• Rubbertite floor mats throughout
Nancy also added the following optional additions to van:
• Portable Engel fridge
• GoWesty designed solar system
• Class 3 trailer hitch with trailer wiring harness
• Mud flaps front and rear
• Yakima roof rack system
• Pro 8 charger
• 10ft. Fiamma F45S Awning
Here's how it all broke down:
|1.||VEHICLE BASE PRICE/ TRANSPORT OUT||$25,535.00|
|2.||FRESH TRANSAXLE AND COOLER||$10,399.25|
|4.||INTERIOR AND EXTERIOR RESTORATION||$9,897.54|
|5.||WHEELS, TIRES, LIFT/LEVEL, SUSPENSION||$2,886.83|
|6.||FIAMMA 8FT F45"S" AWNING||$1,159.45|
|7.||OPTIONS: FRIG,SOLAR,RACKS, HITCH||$3,404.02|
Nancy met up with the beautifully restored vehicle in Oregon and headed on out for the open road. Ultimately, taking this lil peach on back to Georgia.
Sent: Monday, August 03, 2015
To: GoWesty crew
Subject: Back home in Georgia
As you know, our fuel pump went out on our trip from Oregon (where you delivered the Westy) to Georgia where I live. That was a real bummer that shook my confidence in the vehicle, and even had me contemplating the possibility of selling it.
But in the end, I have decided to keep and continue to enjoy my Westy. The trip was very exciting and totally worth it! I have attached a few pictures of the trip.
Thanks for everything-especially your support during the fuel pump issue.
I enjoyed doing business with you!