We purchased this one from Walter of California for $19,500, delivered.
We did the following for Walter:
• GoWesty super duper ultra thorough 60k service
• New water pump with steel impeller (instead of sudden-death factory plastic impeller water pump)
• New thermostat and plastic housing—just in case
• AC serviced and working right FOR SURE
• GoWesty super duper detail inside and out
- as close to new looking, working, and smelling as possible
- everything that is supposed to be there is there
- everything that is there works
- two new batteries and charging isolator
- refrigerator thoroughly gone-through and working FOR SURE
• GoWesty lift and level
- Bilstein shock absorbers
- New 16" alloy wheels
- New Michelin tires all around
- 4-wheel Alignment
• All new brakes
• OEM VW mud flaps all around
A super solid, all original paint, rust-free EVC, nicely equipped, for a very decent price!
This one came back to us in 2010. Harold jumped on this one right away! Harold put down a "Dream Deposit" about a month before this one came back to us — and this perfect camper was exactly what he was looking for. Details on that sale can be found here.
He had us add:
• GoWesty refrigerator elimination kit
- No more unreliable, expensive, not so great fridge
• New Engel all-electric fridge/freezer
• Quick release mounted behind passenger seat
• 50 watt solar panel system wired to auxiliary battery
• 2000-2003 factory center console
• Nice rubber floor mats throughout
After numerous trips coast to coast over the course of a couple years, Harold decided he wasn't putting the camper to the use that it deserved and he sadly parted ways with it.
Chris and Naomi were looking for a nice Eurovan, and boy did they catch a great one! An extra seat, roof rack kit, and over 60 hours in detail work later they have a vehicle that looks like it came right off the lot - but with far better improvements - for a total of $40,031.17.
Happy camping you two!