We purchased this Westy for $13,000. We are marked that up 20%, which is $2600. So, the starting price for the vehicle itself is only $15,000. That is a very fair price for an honest, non-crashed, non-rusty, non-abused vehicle. All it needs is some GoWesty love! Susan from California agreed and had us fix it up right for her..
Here is a report showing how it all added up:
Invoice Cost Description
500557 $ 1,826.06 Project Unforseeables
500389 $ 7,074.75 Interior/Exterior Restoration
500390 $ 6,205.46 Major Service, Timing Chains
500391 $ 2,207.08 Tires, Wheels, Suspension, Steering
500392 $ 4,366.70 Reliability Enhancing Items
500397 $ 3,239.92 Stereo, Racks, Fridge, Solar
500388 $ 17,234.36 Vehicle Purchase Contract - Including Tax and License
$ 44,939.66 Total Project Cost
• Super duper GoWesty maintenance service
- All maintenance items back to zero miles
- New water pump with "anti-sudden death, engine melt-down" steel impeller
- New plastic thermostat housing and thermostat
• All new timing chains
• New Bilstein shocks all around
• Front suspension adjusted back to new specs
• Four wheel alignment
• New main battery
• Super duper GoWesty detailing inside, outside, and under
- Back to as close to new as you can get
- Everything that is SUPPOSED to be there is THERE
- Everything that is there WORKS, guaranteed!
• New, much higher capacity sealed deep cycle auxiliary battery
• Electric cooler hard-wired for better reliability
• New Engel fridge mounted on quick-release platform
• Solar Panel Kit
• Complete Yakima roof rack system w/locking towers
• New GoWesty 16" x 7.5", 8 hole design wheels
• New sliding window side screens
• Nice stereo system with iPod interface and blue tooth cell phone control
• Black texture coating on bumpers and all around lower body line
Nice Westy, Susan!
Sent: Saturday, December 15, 2012
To: GoWesty crew
Subject: Thank you!
The van drives so wonderfully! Fantastic driving it. Amazing how well it cruises along.
Just got it home to after a few hours of driving. And, it also fits in the garage very nicely.
I will send travel pictures soon.
Thank you so much.
Sent: Friday, November 1, 2019
Subject: Hello and thank you again
Just wanted to drop you a note to say thank you again. Hard to believe it's already been 7 years since I bought my Westy. I wanted to let you know my Westy is running amazingly well and in great condition. Every time I drive it I still get such a thrill and a great big smile on my face. It has become totally an essential part of my lifestyle. I am always traveling in it for windsurfing, wavesurfing, camping, mountain biking, etc. I just retired so it is fantastic to be able to pick up and travel with my little camper home whenever I want.
I literally pamper my Westy and I keep it garaged (it is so great that it FITS in the garage, unlike other camper vans) and it still looks brand new. Here are some recent pictures.
I just wanted to send you a note to once again say thank you for all the smiles and happy travels.
At one of my favorite windsurfing spots.
Wave surfing here in Santa Cruz.
Camping with my friends.