We originally sold this van to Alex back in March of 2013. For details on that sale, please click here. Here's an overview of what we did back then:
• GoWesty rebuilt transaxle, with 48/48 warranty
• New transaxle control unit (TCU)
• Super duper GoWesty maintenance service
- All maintenance items back to zero miles
- New water pump with "anti-sudden death, engine melt-down" steel impeller
- New plastic thermostat housing and thermostat
• All new timing chains
• Bilstein shocks all around
• Five new GoWesty 16" x 7.5" wheels, four new tires
• Front suspension adjusted back to new specs
• Four wheel alignment
• New main battery
• Super duper GoWesty detailing inside, outside, and under
- Back to as close to new as you can get
- Everything that is SUPPOSED to be there is THERE
- Everything that is there WORKS, guaranteed!
• New, much higher capacity sealed deep cycle auxiliary battery
• Electric cooler hard-wired for better reliability
• Black texture coating on bumpers and all around lower body line
• Yakima roof rack tracks—rack ready
• GoWesty Class III trailer hitch—for towing or for a bike rack or for....
• Nice stereo system with iPod interface and Bluetooth cell phone control
Alex loved owning this Eurovan, but has decided to move to Hawaii and does not want to force the van to drive on the beach or put her into storage, so he has decided to part ways with her. We agreed to sell the van on consignment here at GoWesty for a 5% commission.
Alex took really good care of this van in the almost three years that he owned it, only putting about 20,000 miles on it during that time. Here's what we did to bring the van back to like new condition:
That was about all it took to get this van back into the same shape as when she left here three years ago.
A customer had a deposit down with us for a vehicle and we were just getting under way on starting a restoration van for him when this one came back to our lot - it was pretty much everything he wanted, and could be done for him way sooner than starting a restoration from the tires up and at less of a cost to him. After reviewing everything, he agreed that this van made the most sense for him.
He also added on the following options to his purchase:
Here's how it all penciled out by the end:
1. $49,348.60 Vehicle Purchase / Documentation Fees / 5% Consignment Fee / Road Warrior Vehicle Warranty
2. $3,896.63 Detail Service / Parts & Labor to Restore Van Back to Like New
3. $652.15 Options: Interior Fan / Rack Pads / Surfboard Strap / Telescopic Ladder / USB Charger / Hitch Safe / Mattress Topper
4. $348.39 Options: Steering Wheel Wrap / Bike Carrier
5. $4,320.32 Custom Paint Job
6. $3,935.37 Black Alloy Wheels / Yokohama Tires / Lift Kit