We purchased this Westy for $10,000. We are marking that up 20%, which is $2000. So, the starting price for the vehicle itself is only $12,000, which is a very fair price for an honest, non-crashed, non-rusty, non-abused vehicle. This is the PERFECT candidate for Gowestyfication!
Here is a list of the work that went into this vehicle:
• GoWesty rebuilt VR6 engine, with 48/48 warranty
• GoWesty rebuilt transaxle, with 48/48 warranty
• New transaxle control unit (TCU)
• Super duper GoWesty maintenance service
- All maintenance items back to zero miles
- New water pump with "anti-sudden death, engine melt-down" steel impeller
- New plastic thermostat housing and thermostat
• All new timing chains
• Bilstein shocks all around
• Michelin HydroEdge tires
• Five new GoWesty 16" x 7.5", 8 hole design wheels (one for spare)
• Front suspension adjusted back to new specs
• Four wheel alignment
• New main battery
• Super duper GoWesty detailing inside, outside, and under
- Back to as close to new as you can get
- Everything that is SUPPOSED to be there is THERE
- Everything that is there WORKS, guaranteed!
• New, much higher capacity sealed deep cycle auxiliary battery
• Electric cooler hard-wired for better reliability
• Black texture coating on bumpers and all around lower body line
And here are some nice extras included in the price:
• Yakima roof rack tracks—rack ready
• GoWesty Class III trailer hitch—for towing or for a bike rack or for....
• Nice stereo system with iPod interface and Bluetooth cell phone control
Here is a report showing how it all added up:
Invoice Cost Details
203887 $ 7,257.09 Interior/Exterior Restoration
203904 $ 1,442.30 Wheels, Tires, Shocks, Alignment
203905 $ 3,269.19 Reliability Items
203906 $ 1,518.05 Brakes, Wheel Bearings
204079 $ 529.90 Windshield and Seal
204454 $14,244.38 Engine and Transaxle
204719 $ 972.65 Rack Tracks, Hitch, Stereo
204721 $ 577.10 Major Service - Back to Zero Miles
501020 $12,055.00 Vehicle, Mark Up, Doc Fee
Angela from Colorado snapped this one up. She had a deposit down for first right of refusal on the next 01-03 Eurovan Weekender to come up, and this was IT! Total out the door price includes all of the above, plus:
-A little higher suspension height
-A little larger and more rugged BFG tires
-Extra set of (4) wheels to put studded tires on
-Nice comfy mattress topper
-Shipping to her front door!
Nice buy, Angela.
Angela had an issue with one of her rear shocks which we handled for her, and she wrote:
Sent: Thursday, May 23, 2013
To: Lucas and the GoWesty Crew
Subject: Problem with my rear shock-HANDLED
You're service is great and I really appreciate the timeliness with Memorial Weekend coming.
We are hoping to get out to the desert Saturday morning.
Sent: Sunday, June 02, 2013
To: Lucas and the GoWesty gang
Subject: Camping with friends and family
Hey Lucas and Go Westy gang-
We are loving the Eurovan! We were out in the mountains last weekend (with friends and their Westy) and we had a wonderful time. Sleeping on our new cozy mattresses made for our best night of camping sleep yet. Even our two month old sacked out like never before!
Thanks for the speedy service and quick response to our needs. You all know your stuff!