We just repurchased this Westy. For details on the previous sales/owners, please click here.
GoWesty and this little Syncro MultiVan Westy have a long history. For one thing, VW did not produce the MultiVan model (pop-top Weekender) in Syncro (4WD) form. GoWesty converted this one to a Syncro—thus combining one of the most desirable pop-top models with the extremely sought-after Syncro running gear.
A quick review of all we have done to this Westy:
• Fresh GoWesty rebuilt Syncro transaxle
- with much taller 3rd and 4th gears
• Fresh GoWesty rebuilt front differential
• Front and rear gearing lowered 12% to 5.43:1
• 16" alloy wheels with BFG all terrain tires, 12% taller
• Torque-biasing differentials in front and rear
• Decoupler and solid shaft (instead of viscous coupler)
• Completely rebuilt suspension and wheel bearings
• All new axles and drive shaft
• All new brakes, GoWesty Bigger Brakes up front
• South African headlights and grille with high powered bulb system
• GoWesty plate steel bumpers and black texture coating all around
• GoWesty swing-away tire carrier and 5th full-size spare wheel
• Acrylic blue pop-top tent
• Super bright back-up lights
• Nice stereo with iPod interface
• Recaro gray leather front seats
• Deluxe 2nd battery system
• Yakima roof rack system
• Three-point retracting seat belts throughout
• GoWesty super comfy memory foam tri-fold mattress
• Over $1000 worth of AC work—blowing cold, but... don't get too excited!
• Over $2000 worth of just-in-case reliability-enhancing items
• New windshield and seal
• Espar gasoline furnace installed
• Fiamma F45S, 10' awning installed
• Additional body-mounted swing-away carrier on the right side
• GoWesty progressive suspension springs
• Gray leather front door panels to match the Recaro front seats
• Sound deadening added while panels were off
• Upgraded front speakers—separate mid-range and tweeter
• Power window switches moved to dashboard
• Auxiliary battery system to current state-of-the-art
• Low-hanging original spare replaced with skid plate
• GoWesty/FOX shocks
• Fresh GoWesty 2.5 liter engine
• GoWesty GW-EFI upgrade
• All new stainless steel exhaust
• Cooling system gone through thoroughly
• Inverter added
• LEDs throughout
• Nice floor mats throughout
All work done by GoWesty is fully documented in many, many pages of invoices—copies included with vehicle, available electronically upon request.
The previous owner put about 20,000 miles on this vehicle over less than 2 years of ownership. He took great care of it. Here is all we are doing this time around:
• Major GoWesty service—all maintenance back to zero miles
• Super thorough detail inside and out
We repurchased this Syncro Westy Weekender from Brandon for $55,950 delivered. We are marking that up 20%. Included in this mark up is our GoWesty bumper-to-bumper "Easy Rider" warranty. Basically, if anything goes wrong with this Westy in the first 12 months/12,000 miles (whichever comes first), GoWesty will fix it or pay the bill for the shop of your choice to fix it 100%. Then, for the remaining 36/36, we split the bills 50/50—up to a maximum of $5000 in total repair costs over the warranty period.
This Westy cost Brendan $78,364.61. The price now is over $8,000 less than that, and it comes with a better warranty!
Eve from Hawaii snapped up her GoWesty go-anywhere dream machine! The total price listed includes everything described above, plus the following stuff she had us do/add:
• New auxiliary battery
• Engel 84-quart portable fridge
• GoWesty portable solar panel system
• Front 2" receiver
• Portable winch
- Mounts on our nifty, collapsible mount
- Stows under rear seat
- Fits front or rear 2" trailer hitch
- Comes with long extension cord to reach either location
• Reupholster rear seat in gray leather to match front seats
• Reupholster jump seats in all gray vinyl
• Replace sliding door panel to match rear seats
• All new curtains
• Add swivel feature to passenger side Recaro seat
• GoWesty Wasserstopper installed
• GoWesty roof rack system by Yakima
• Yakima Mega Warrior roof basket
Nice Syncro Westy MV, Eve! This thing will undoubtedly take you on many, many adventures.
Happy trails indeed!
Eve & Greg were kind enough to send us photos of their van's maiden voyage. As Greg describes it:
"This is just outside Goblin Valley State Park, Utah, in a canyon accessible only by GoWesty Syncros and a few other lesser 4WD vehicles!"