Kristen gave us a $5000 "dream deposit" to find her a nice MV that we could fix up GoWesty style. We agreed to do it for only a 5% markup.
We picked this one up from Tom in Oklahoma for $21,000 plus $850 shipping to GoWesty. Kristen is paying us that, plus 5%, plus the cost to do the following:
• GoWesty super duper ultra thorough major service
- All maintenance items back to zero miles
• New water pump with metal impeller
• Bilstein shocks all around
• Suspension height adjusted back to factory specs
• Computerized 4-wheel alignment
• GoWesty super duper ultra thorough details inside, outside, and under
• New main battery
• New heavier duty, sealed lead-acid deep cycle auxiliary battery
• Upgraded stereo with iPod interface and Bluetooth hands-free cell phone
• Professionally tinted windows
• Three point seat belts on rear facing seats
• Nice rubber floor mats throughout
This little Westy came out NICE.
Happy trails, Kristen!
Sent: Tuesday, September 01, 2009 9:27 PM
To: S. Lucas Valdes
Subject: Re: Your New Westy
We LOVE it. Love, love, love it! Cannot say it enough. We make up reasons to go for drives, we negotiate who gets to take it to work, and after we put the kids in bed we go out and sit in it. I'm serious.
It is something we have dreamed of owning for years, and we are so glad we finally got one. We call her Zinnie, and she will charter us on many a family vacation. I really cannot thank you enough for the peace of mind we have knowing that the work was (obviously) done with great care.
On our first trip, just down to Sausalito, both kids (Nello is 3 1/2 and Lena is almost 6 months) fell asleep. I think this is an excellent sign. Lena is an easy sleeper, but Nello rarely— I can count on my hands the number of times he's done it in the past 3 years—falls asleep in the car.