We originally sold this MV to Rob and Suzie of Indiana back in April of 2006 with 146,878 miles. Click here for details on that sale.
This is what we did back then:
• Super nice detail inside and out
• Everything that is supposed to be there is there
• Everything that is there WORKS
• New windshield and seal
• Shifting system rebuild
• Bilstein shocks all around
• Fuel tank re-seal
• New front brakes
• AC re-charged with R134a refrigerant
• Super duper ultra thorough GoWesty major service
• Cooling system common failure items addressed as needed
• Reliability enhancing items replaced to the tune of $1497
• Three point seat belts installed on both rear facing seats
• Three point seat belts installed on both outboard positions of rear seat
• Two Recaro child seats with tether strap anchors added
• 2nd battery system with inverter and automatic charger
• Small 2.5 watt solar panel on dashboard
• Shipping to their front door
Rob and Susie sold it to another customer of ours, Chris J. in Kentucky.
Then, these folks from Washington State came along and took advantage of our Dream Deposit program.
As it turned out, it was good timing. Chris J. was interested in selling. We negotiated a price both parties could live with: $15,000. We marked that up 5% and assumed the risk it was what it was supposed to be, per our Dream Deposit agreement. We arranged the shipping to GoWesty, and checked it out uppon arrival. All in all: Not too bad considering all the time since it was here the first time, and the service if provided for one Rob and one Chris J! It really is amazing how well made these Vanagons are, and how well they really hold up....
Now these folks are having it done up RIGHT! This is what we are doing for them:
• Fresh super duper detail inside and out
- Everything that is supposed to be there is guaranteed to be there
- Everything that is there is guaranteed to work!
• GoWesty black texture around bottom of body
• GoWesty plate steel bumpers front and rear
• Super major service
- all maintenance items back to zero miles
- a couple of minor oil leaks repaired
- complete fuel delivery system overhaul
• GoWesty 1.5" lifting springs
• 16" wheels with BFG tires
Shipping to his front door!
• Fresh GoWesty 2.4 liter engine
• Syncro transaxle with posi traction and full locker
• Rear double swing carrier with full size spare and folding shelf
• Front suspension overhaul
• 2nd battery system updated to state-of-the-art GoWesty kit
• AC system gone through (but don't get TOO excited... it's still a Vanagon)
• Nice stereo upgrade with iPod interface and hands-free cell phone
• Big brakes up front
• Fiamma F45 ten-foot awning
• New Recaro seats up front, and matching interior throughout
• Rubber mats throughout
• Engel all-electric fridge/freezer
• GoWesty solar system
Nice MV Syncro!