SOLD - 1991 Vanagon Full Camper Syncro
Mileage: 289,464 miles
Sold For: $83,153.82
Engine: 2.7 Liter
A bit of background on this van: We have a long history with this Syncro Westy. Back in about 2008 it was shipped accross the country from Florida by Bobbi, who had purchased brand new in 1990. It was getting long in the tooth and needed a full restoration--GoWesty style! Details on all the work we did back then can be found here. Over the last 10 years since we did the bulk of the work, the vehicle came back several times to be serviced by us many times.
The last few years she owned it she would leave the van out here and fly out once or twice a year to take it on road trips on the west coast. When the time came and she decided that it was time to part ways with the van, GoWesty purchased it for $40,000.00. We are marking that up 10%, getting it back to zero miles maintenance-wise, and adding a bumper to bumper, 48/48 Vehicle Road Warraior warranty.
This Syncro Westy is in excellent mechanical condition. All the camper equipment functions properly. The interior is still in excellent condition. It got a full exterior restoration in 2008 and it still looks great.
Here is an overview of work we did when Bobbi owned the van:
Here is what we've done to the van to prepare it for a new home:
- GoWesty super duper ultra thorough major service—everything back to 0 miles - includes replace spark plugs, replace all filters, flush all fluids, check brakes, detail battery compartment, test washer system, check all exterior & interior lights, and more!
- GoWesty super duper detail inside and out
- As close to new looking, working, and smelling as possible
- Everything that is supposed to be there is there
- Everything that is there works—guaranteed!
- GoWesty Printed Circuit Board Kit
- Replaced Flywheel
- Replaced Radiator Baffles
- Stainless Steel Exhaust System
- GoWesty Fuel Injectors
- Replaced Alternator
- Front & Rear Fox Shocks
- Replaced V-Belts
- AC System Serviced
- Two New Batteries in Late 2016
- New windshield
- New remote for keyless entry
- New fire extingquisher
- Gray Vinyl Front Door Panels
- Bluetooth In-Dash CD/AM/FM Receiver with Dual Phone Pairing & HD Radio
- Pioneer Speaker Set
- Replaced Interior Light Bulbs with LED, except camper light
- Second Shelf For Fridge Elimination Kit
- 2-Piece Charcoal Gray Camper Loop Carpet Set
- Center Storage Console
- 8’ Fiamma Awning
- High Output On-Board Air Compressor Kit
- Replaced Hookup Boxes
- GoWesty Portable Solar System
- Dual Swing Away Carrier Assemblies
- Larger Capacity LP Tank with Level Indicator
- Shurflo Faucet Kit
- Outside Table Mount
- Modified Existing Floor to Accomodate Seat Rails for Middle Seat
- Rear Hitch for GoWesty Plate Steel Bumpers
- New Skylight Lens
- Hella Lens Protection Kit
- GoWesty EFI with Scan Gauge
- GoWesty Overheat Alarm Kit
- GoWesty Trailer Wiring Kit
- Blazecut Fire Suppression System
- New FBG 225/70-16 All Terrain Tires
- Major Transaxle Repair
It is ready for a new home, and for new adventures! This awesome Syncro Westy would cost well over $100K to build from scratch today. Don't blink: It will be gone before you know it!
Note: The advertised price does not include tax, license, and/or shipping charges, as applicable.
Chuck form Colorado snapped up this dream Syncro shortly after we posted it. He had us do the following to it:
- Swap out the engine with a fresh GoWesty 2700
- Swap out the engine management system with a fresh GoWesty EFI
- Add a front locking differential (now he is part of the very exclusive 3-knob club!)
- All new SS exhaust
- All new coolant hoses
And much more—we are not done yet! There is still lots of stuff on his wish list that we are going to knock out shortly, none of which are reflected in the sold price above.
Interested in This Vehicle? Click Here! »