We are filling the shelves of our virtual library! We felt it was a good idea to have a specific location on our site for information related to Bus, Vanagon and Eurovan. Please note that you can sort articles according to vehicle type - and although we don't have any Bus-only articles, you'll find plenty of Bus information by sorting for "All Vehicles." Check back often, as we are constantly adding new articles!
BODY: INTERIOR AND EXTERIOR
COOLING / HEATER SYSTEM
DRIVETRAIN: TRANSAXLE / AXLES / DIFFERENTIALS / DRIVESHAFT
- Shifter Systems: Why the '80-'82 Vanagon System is Terrible!
- Transmissions in Vanagons: Automatic or Manual, Which is Best?
- Conversion from 2WD to a 4WD Syncro: Cost and Justification
- Decoupler and Solid Shaft vs. Viscous Coupler, Rear "Air Locker"
- Differentials: Fully Open, Posi-Traction, Torque Biasing, and Syncro "Air-Locker"
- Eurovan Automatic Transaxles: The Whole Story
- Testimonial: Engine & Transaxles & wheel changes
- Syncro Differential Locks, Wheel Size, Final Drive and Transmission Gear Ratios
- Drive Shaft Replacement for Syncro: The Full Story
- Automatic Transmission in the Eurovan: The Achilles Heel of the Eurovan
- Automatic Transaxle Failures in Vanagons: Prevention
- Transaxle Sudden Death Syndrome in Vanagons
- Oil for Transaxles: What Should I Use In My Vanagon Stick-Shift Transaxle? (Updated 07/17)
- Drive Shaft Replacement for Syncro: How-To Instructions
- 4WD Eurovan: Can I Convert Mine?
- Syncro Locker Knob: Explained
- Overdrive: What Does This Mean?
- Automatic to Manual, and Vice Versa: Practicality and Justification
- Shifting Issue: Tranny, Shifter, or Clutch?
- Transaxle Life Expectancy in the Vanagon
- Transaxles from GoWesty: Do They Arrive Empty or Full?
- Decoupler: Description, Purpose, and Proper Use
- Shifter Adjustment Instructions: Vanagon Manual Transaxle
ENGINE / INJECTION / IGNITION / FUEL SYSTEM
GENERAL MODEL INFO
- Model Overview: Bus, Vanagon, Eurovan (1968-2003)
- Model Choice: Are You a Vanagon or Eurovan Person?
- Model Overview: Late-Model Eurovan Camper (1997-2003)
- Video: Eurovan Camper Instructional Movie
- Video: Eurovan GL, MV, Weekender Instructional Movie
- Syncro: An 80s Camper With the Soul of an S.U.V (New York Times)
- Prices: "Cheap" Vanagons Are the Most Expensive
- Dimensions: Exterior, Beds, 1968-2003
- Importing Cool VW Models Not Sold in the USA
- Purchasing a GoWesty Camper: Where To Begin?
- Test Mules: GoWesty R&D Vehicles
- Model Types: I, II, III, IV. What?
- Prices: Why do GoWesty Campers Command Such a High Price?
- Vehicle Orientation: Which Way is Up?
- Hybrid: Understanding the Concept
- Window Shades and Curtains on the EVC: The Full Story
- Refrigeration: Built-in vs. Portable (or, Why You Need to Switch)
- Buying or Selling a Vehicle: What is it Worth?
- Wolfsburg Weekender: What Does That Mean?
- Warranties: GoWesty Offers the Best in the Business
- Vanagon VIN Decoder
- Winterizing: How to Hibernate Your VW Camper
- Low Mileage: How Much Does It Really Matter?
- Vehicles for Sale: Will GoWesty Restore My Vehicle?
- "Westy": What Does That Mean?
TIRES / WHEELS / SUSPENSION / BRAKES / STEERING