This is a BARGAIN BASEMENT ITEM: These units are NOS and have some slight scuffs. We are offering them at a rock bottom price - get them while you can!
These super high quality door panels are produced right here in the USA for your Vanagon. They are a direct fit for every Vanagon model from 1980-91, are available with optional pleated lower panel map pockets, and feature a 3-pleat stitch that matches the design found on Recaro seats.
Panel set includes:
• One driver's side, and one passenger's side interior door panel
• Full set of door panel clips
• Black: The leather and vinyl options are the same color—black.
• Gray: The gray leather we offer was chosen to closely match our Recaro leather seats, which happens to be close to the Vanagon gray vinyl, as well. Thus, whether you choose gray vinyl or gray leather, with or without Recaro seats—it will look fine in your Vanagon.
• Tan:The tan leather is available in two shades of tan. The first (called "Tan") is is a tone that is very close to the OEM tan vinyl, and the second (called "Light Tan") is a much lighter tan that we selected to match the Recaro leather seats as closely as possible. Actual Recaro tan leather for the door panels is not available, therefore we sourced a color that we felt was the closest match.
The panel board material features all the necessary cut-outs for all models, such as power window and mirror switches, and 1988-91 speaker holes. Vanagon models made from 1980-87 had the speaker located closer to the window crank, and were notorious for the window crank hitting the speaker. The later 1988-91 location is better, but still not ideal for a quality speaker. We recommend installing the speaker down low, where the original door pocket was located on the driver's side—instead of the door pocket. We have left these panels completely covered by the material, so depending on your year and model, you will need to make incisions in the fabric to gain access to these openings for installation. Also, installing this kit provides a great opportunity to relocate your power window switches to the dash with this nifty kit.