After countless requests for an affordable locking center console, we are pleased to offer our in-house engineered, and fully USA-made solution. It is combination-lockable, walk-overable, and gas strut lid-lifting, all in a kickass heavy-gauge yet lightweight steel body. This is the center console you’ve been asking us for.
Fits: All 1980-91 LHD Vanagon models, except diesel vans with aisle heater tunnels. Vans with swivel seats and short OEM seat belt receivers will need to also purchase two lengthened & flexible receivers.
• Large lid opening: 9" x 18"
• Internal volume: 2000 cubic inches
• Actual product weight: 21 pounds
We are offering this center console in two configurations: A full-featured base model, and a deluxe bundle with a few extra key ingredients.
Base Model features:
• Heavy-duty, powder coated steel construction — yes, you can walk, jump, and dance on it!
• Simple installation using the stock seatbelt bolts — no holes or modifications to the van required.
• Customizable 3-Digit Combination-Lock with handle — convenient and secure.
• Gas strut lid lift — pops and holds the lid open for easy access.
• Wire pass-through and open side walls — easy access to Weekender and aftermarket 12V outlets on the inside seat pedestals lets you charge your devices inside the console.
Deluxe Model features:
• Auxiliary front cubby — phone catch with wire pass through, large open cubby, and lower stuff space.
• Drop-in dual cup holder — securely hugs two drink vessels in the front cubby. Removeable inserts for easy cleaning.
• Removeable rubber liner mat — protect your aiseway carpet. Easy to pull out and clean!
*If you purchase a Base Model console now, and wish to add the Deluxe Model accessories later, you can do so for an additional $79.95 plus shipping.
Important installation notes: If you have not already done so, we highly recommend upgrading to our longer Flexible Seat Belt Receivers or replacing both front seat belts with two of our KT-VANO-ERA kits. The full kit includes both the longer Flexible Receiver and a new, stronger and snappier inertia reel. Vanagons with swivel seats came stock with a ridiculously short, rigid receiver that is quite a reach to get to. These short OEM receivers will not work with the Center Console and must be upgraded to lengthened & flexible receivers. Rear jumpseat seat belts may need to be relocated using our Seat Belt Receiver Extension Kit.
Special installation note for early model vans with the rubber hand brake boot: Some early model 1980-83 vans had slight variations in handbrake placement, and all came with an oversized rubber boot. We have included a knockout in the L-shaped corner of the Center Console to fit these variants. Knocking out the tab is simple: use tin-snips or a thin metal saw to cut the bottom tabs, then bend the knockout to break off the top tab.