GoWesty 2450cc high output engine: 9.4:1 compression, with 132 hp & 177 ft.lbs of torque when fitted with GW-EFI.
You get everything included in the "Engine Specs" tab, plus the following:
• Counter-weighted crankshaft with 84.5mm stroke
• New forged connecting rod set with new ARP rod bolts
• Porsche piston-cooling oil jets ("squirters") installed
• Custom made in USA 96mm forged and coated JE brand pistons
• A exclusive proprietary camshaft grind specifically for this engine
• Requires 91 or higher octane fuel and will pass tail pipe emissions test*
*GoWesty recommends the highest octane you can get, even if your engine is rated to operate on a lower octane. The 2450cc MUST have 91 octane minimum. The other engines can run lower octane. It can NEVER hurt to use fuel of a higher octane than the minimum recommended, whereas using a lower octane can cause catastrophic engine failure. Fuel is all so expensive now, and the percent difference in cost between the lowest and highest octane is almost insignificant. Bottom line: It just does not make sense to use the lower octane stuff!
All our rebuilds receive the following parts and treatment:
• Engine cases machined as needed
• Heli-coil installed in case to prevent drain plug oil leak
• New cylinder head studs as required
• Crankshaft machined as needed (except 2700cc)
• Connecting rods rebuilt and precisely installed (except 2450cc & 2700cc)
- Large end re-sized and custom fitted to each rod journal
- Small end re-bushed with GoWesty exclusive custom-made bushing
- Length adjusted for proper piston height, and matched to each other
- Rod bolts replaced with OEM non-stretch bolts
- Balanced to each other, and end to end
• Camshaft re-ground with custom GoWesty profile
- Starting with new, 108 degree lobe center camshaft
- Guaranteed to pass tail pipe emissions test in all 50 states
- Grind selected for good idle and low-end torque
• New hydraulic lifters
• All new tappet adjustment screws
• All new bearings: main, rod, and camshaft
• New, high-volume oil pump, machined OE VW German cover, and special OE sealing nuts
• New proprietary GoWesty forged pistons
- Forged exclusively for GoWesty by JE Pistons, USA
- State of the art "slipper skirt" design
- Ceramic coated crowns
- Molybdenum disulfide ("moly") coated skirts
• Original "seasoned" cylinders, precision bored and diamond-honed (except 2700cc)
• GoWesty DOES NOT use the original German cylinder heads (click here for the full cylinder head story)
- We use only AMC-brand (made in Spain) cylinder head castings
- Much heavier-duty casting compared to the original German heads
- Cylinder heads are rebuilt to as-good-as-new
- Completely disassembled
- All the valves are scraped
- High-quality OEM-style intake and exhaust valves
- De-burred intake and exhaust ports, precision four-angle valve grind
• New OEM quality GRAF brand water pump
• New GoWesty Alternator Bracket Fix Kit
• V-belt pulley, coolant x-tube, connection hose, and steel elbow installed
• New correct oil pressure switches installed in their correct locations
• Cleaned oil cooler installed (2.1 applications only)
• Machined flywheel or flex plate installed and crankshaft endplay properly set
• Valve covers, intake manifolds, and plenum re-painted and installed (exchange)
• Distributor drive installed in correct position
• Correct spark plugs installed with anti-seize compound
• Crated and ready to ship
Shipping: Freight costs are $300-1000 (including return of core) anywhere in the lower 48 states. These engines ship truck freight only. The closer the destination address is to our facility in California, the lower the freight cost will be. A freight quote will be generated by our staff after you have completed your online order. *NOTE* The delivery destination MUST have a forklift to get the engine crate off the truck. Please check with your local installer prior to completing your online order. If a forklift is not available, a surcharge of up to $190 ($95 each way) for a lift-gate truck will be added to the shipping cost. In addition, there is a residential delivery surcharge of $100. If you live in Canada, please click here for important broker information.
PLEASE CLICK HERE TO EMAIL OUR SALES DEPARTMENT FOR A FAST, ACCURATE SHIPPING QUOTE ON YOUR ENGINE ORDER.
Exchange: $1500 CORE CHARGE POLICY: Our engines are sold on an exchange basis. We expect an engine like the one you purchased to be traded in. For instance, you cannot trade in a 1.9-liter waterboxer core and purchase a 2.1-liter engine and expect the entire $1500 core deposit back. We deduct the following amounts from the core charge refund: Engine cases: $750, or part thereof for repairs as needed. Head studs: $50 per stud to a maximum of $750. Crankshaft: $250. Rods: $50/each (and so on with each component). So, for example, if your engine cases are no good (i.e.: too badly pitted), but the rest of the parts are OK, you will receive a refund of $250. If everything is in good shape, except all head studs have to be replaced, you will get $250 back. Or, if you send in no core at all, you will forfeit your entire $1500 core deposit. Click here to see a copy of the core return worksheet.
|WARRANTY TYPE||LABOR COVERAGE||PARTS COVERAGE||COST|
|Standard||48/48,000, pro-rated, $60/hour||Retail cost, pro-rated||No charge|
12 months/12,000 miles: 100% coverage (up to $115/hour)
36 months/36,000 miles: Split 50/50 by vehicle owner and GoWesty
12 months/12,000 miles: 100% coverage
|Road Warrior||100% coverage for 48 months/48,000 miles
||100% coverage for 48 months/48,000 miles
Cancellation Policy: GoWesty puts a lot of time and energy into packaging your rebuilt engine. If you purchase an engine from us—and then decide to cancel the order within 30 days—we will refund you in full, minus any transportation fees and a 5% restocking fee. If you decide to cancel your order after 30 days, our normal refund policy applies (you can view that by clicking here).
This rebuilt waterboxer engine meets or exceeds tail pipe emissions standards for any 1983-91 Volkswagen Vanagon originally fitted with a waterboxer engine.
NOTE: This rebuilt waterboxer engine long block is designed for the 1986-1991 Volkswagen Vanagon originally equipped with a waterboxer engine code MV and fitted with Bosch Digifant fuel injection system and all original manufacturer emissions control components. This item is a long block only and does not include any fuel injection or emission control components—all of which are necessary to complete the entire engine assembly. It is the responsibility of the installer to ensure that all fuel injection and emission control components are present and in proper working order. All adjustments and settings are to be performed and set to the original manufacturer specifications to ensure compliance with emissions regulations.