Introducing the new super high-quality catalytic converter for Vanagon.
Even if you live in an area that does not require one of these newer design “3-way” catalytic converters, you should get one anyway! These advanced converters are way more efficient and effective than the old design that was available when these vehicles were built back in the ‘80s. Do the planet a favor! Besides, they are not that much more expensive than the run-of-the-mill, non-stainless cat converter available elsewhere. Break out your wallet and vote for a cleaner planet with your dollars!
This new catalytic converter features:
• Stainless steel body—lifetime warranty against corrosion (warranty furnished by GoWesty).
• Fits 1980-91 Vanagon with OEM exhaust system except for 1980-83 air-cooled models produced in California.
• Almost 20% larger catalyst area (compared to the typical 50-state catalytic converter available elsewhere) for those extra clean smog tests!
• Compliant with emissions standards in ALL 50 STATES. C.A.R.B. approved for use in California*. Executive order #D-193-85.
• Manufactured by Magnaflow. Product number 3391918
• Complete installation hardware kit. See list below!
• (2) 025-251-509A flat gaskets
• (1) 855-253-137A sealing donut
• (6) M8 x 30 bolts
• (12) M8 flat washers
• (6) M8 copper exhaust nuts
• Fits all water-cooled 2WD and 4WD Vanagons.
•NOTE for AIR-COOLED VANAGONS: This catalytic converter will only work for Vanagons that utilize catalytic convertors with two flanged ends. If your catalytic converter has only one flanged end and a straight pipe on the other end, this converter will not work for you.