This exterior LED bulb kit will have you grinning from ear to ear for a variety of reasons. Some of the general benefits:
• Longer bulb life
• Lower power consumption
• Brighter lights—especially the reverse lights, tail lights, and brake lights
• Faster response—which is extremely important for brake lights! LEDs offer an instant response, which gives a full intensity signal 200 milliseconds faster than incandescent. Sound insignificant? At 65 mph, that time translates to almost 20 feet.
Our primary objectives when sourcing and R&Ding this kit were: improving the tail light performance without ruining the tail/brake contrast, obtaining the best possible signal performance, vastly updating brake light response, and truly improving the reverse lights. Happily, this kit achieves all of these objectives!
- Two (2) LED front turn signal bulbs
- Two (2) LED rear turn signal bulbs
- Two (2) LED tail/brake light bulbs
- Two (2) LED reverse light bulbs
- Two (2) LED license plate light bulbs
- Three (3) LED 3rd brake light bulbs
- Installation instructions
For early vans:
- New turn signal relay for early vans (necessary for LEDs to function properly)
For late vans:
- Four (4) load resistors and installation hardware for later vans (necessary for LEDs to function properly)
See the fitment note to determine whether you need the "early" or "late" kit.
Determining whether you have an "early" or "late" van is as simple as checking the location of your emergency flasher switch.
Early Eurovans have a flasher relay on the fusebox, and an emergency flasher switch above the steering column.
In late Eurovans, the relay was integrated into the flasher switch, and relocated to the dashboard beside the air vents.
Installation of the "late" kit requires adding the included load resistors across the turn signal bulbs using either the included wire taps, or a soldering iron.