We are very proud to offer our 100% USA-made stainless steel exhaust system for Vanagon. Quality, affordability, and longevity with a lifetime warranty.
This kit includes everything you need to replace the entire exhaust system on all watercooled Vanagons.
Direct fit for all 1986-91 2WD and 4WD. Plus it fits 1983-85 vans with our supplemental Early to Late Exhaust Update Kit. That's right—we designed this system to fit both 2WD and Syncro applications. In addition, we kept the flange positions in the factory locations, so each part is compatible with the corresponding, original VW exhaust component. This allows you to replace your aging exhaust system with these stainless steel parts piece by piece, or all at once with our complete exhaust kit. In addition, this complete stainless exhaust system is a full 20 pounds lighter than the original mild steel version. Twenty pounds!
• Stainless header pipe for #1 & #3 cylinders
• Stainless header pipe for #2 & #4 cylinders
• Stainless 2-into-1 collector elbow
• Stainless collector elbow to catalytic converter "J" pipe
• Stainless sport muffler with integrated 2.5" tail pipe
• Stainless muffler saddles with integrated straps (x2)
• Complete gasket & hardware kit with instructions
Materials note: This GoWesty stainless steel exhaust system will not stay shiny and aesthetically perfect—but it will last, and we value longevity over aesthetics. For the complete story on stainless steel metallurgy, please click here.
Fit note: If you have an 1983-85 waterboxer, and would like to upgrade to the later 2.1 style exhaust, you will also need our Early to Late Update Kit.