Every single VW camper should have a ProSport charger as standard equipment. Even the Eurovan Winnebago that came with a built-in charger could use one of these—see note below.
We currently stock TWO different amperage models. Please make your selection in the drop-down menu.
ProSport Generation 3 On-Board Marine Battery Chargers incorporate all-digital microprocessor control. Like no other, the new ProSport Series provides automatic installation feedback with its exclusive "System Check OK" and individual "Battery Bank Trouble" LED indicators, and also has the most advanced energy saving mode. After fully charging and conditioning batteries, ProSport's Energy Saver Mode will monitor and Auto Maintain batteries only when needed to maintain a full state of charge, resulting in maximum reserve power performance and lower AC power consumption and operating costs. ProSport incorporates Distributed-On-Demand Charging technology, taking 100 percent of the available charging amps and distributing them to any one or combination of all batteries as needed for faster charging. ProSport is 100 percent waterproof and shockproof, weighing 40 percent lighter than older technology epoxy filled chargers providing cooler operation and greater reliability.
Note for Eurovan Winnebago full campers (EVC): True, the EVC has a built-in battery charger for the AUX battery located in the rear left corner of the vehicle, near the furnace. When the camper is plugged into shore power via the 110VAC hook-up box on the side of the vehicle using an extension cord, the auxiliary battery is charged automatically. However, the built-in charger that Winnebago installed is not nearly as sophisticated as the ProSport. To begin with, it charges only the deep-cycle, auxiliary battery in the rear right corner of the camper, not the starting battery under the hood. Also, the Winnebago charger it is not a designed to be a battery maintainer and should therefore not be left plugged in for extended periods because it could over-charge and ruin the auxiliary battery. The ProSport is a true battery maintenance and charging solution that will ensure your batteries are kept in peak condition. So, even though your EVC has a built-in charger, replacing it with one of these would be vast improvement.
• ProMar Digital Technology: Microprocessor and software controlled pulse charging technology delivering a 40 percent lighter design than the previous generation of epoxy filled chargers, cooler charger operation and faster charging
• System OK and Battery Bank Trouble Status Indicators: Advanced technology eliminates time consuming troubleshooting by clearly indicating system and battery connections are OK or if a fault is present on a specific battery bank
• Digital Multi-Stage Performance Charging: Fully charge and extend the life of your batteries - automatically charges, conditions and safely maintains all batteries on board for maximum time on the water
• Energy Saver Mode: After fully charging and conditioning batteries, ProSport's Energy Saver Mode will monitor and Auto Maintain batteries only when needed, maintaining a full state of charge. This significantly reduces AC power consumption, lowers operating costs and maximizes reserve power performance.
• Storage Recondition Mode: During short or long-term storage, ProSport automatically reconditions all batteries on board once a month for maximum battery life and performance
• Distributed-On-Demand Technology: Automatically charges and maintains your engine crank battery while distributing all remaining charging amps to trolling motor or house battery(s)
• Digital LED Display and Battery Type Selector: LED indicators for Charging, Conditioning and Auto Maintain modes in addition to AC power and selected battery type (2 charge profiles to choose from with a 3rd high performance AGM HP profile on the ProSport20 Dual only)
• 3 digitally selectable charge profiles including a once-a-month storage reconditioning mode for extending battery life
• Built-in Quality and Safety: Compact and rugged extruded aluminum design, dual in-line DC safety fuses for trolling motor and house battery banks. Built-in over-voltage, overload, over-temperature, reverse polarity and ignition protection
• Pre-wired for Easy Installation
• 12/24 VDC multi-stage battery charger
• Weight: 4.9 lbs
• Dimensions: 7.9" x 10.5" x 2.9"
• Full charge in 6-8 hours
• 12/24 VDC multi-stage battery charger
• Weight: 7.44 lbs
• Dimensions: 7.9" x 12.8" x 2.9"
• Full charge in 4-6 hours