Item Location: Georgia/ USA
Posted by: Brannen Morris
Last Modified: 05/08/2019
1985 Vanagon Westfalia Camper
Delilah the Westy needs to move on to another home. This camper has been with me for several years and I've mad numerous upgrades.
I have done most of the repairs myself but not to fear I've been around VW's my whole life and I have the receipts going back to the original owner (I am the 2nd) including the 1,000 miles service. This can is a rust-free transplant from Southern California and is a perfect candidate for full restoration or piece by piece upgrade as I have done. Currently running a stock water boxer with some components upgraded and restored.
- 2 Owner - water cooled Westy Camper.
- CA van originally, mostly rust free. No seam rust that I know of.
- Custom front cowcatcher, welded to frame. Protects spare tire and front bumper very well.
- Rebuilt Engine in 2006. Original 1.9 replaced with 2.1 L engine. Receipts available
o I have records and receipts for work done on the van going back to the 80’s
o Most of the work in the last few years has been done by me or some local shops in Athens Ga. I am happy to put you in contact with them should you have any questions.
- Go Westy 16” Wheels and Goodyear Triple Tread Tires
- Go Westy 1.5” Lift, progressive springs. KYB shocks installed 2018
- Go Westy Mass AFM upgrade to combat vanagon syndrome.
- Go Westy high Powered Headlight upgrade
- Oversized truck mirrors to replace the floppy stock.
- Engine bay Coolant hoses, reservoir, expansion tank replaced in the last 2 years.
- Yakima Roof Rack
- Go Westy Skylight upgrade kit.
- Laminate flooring installed in passenger area.
- Fat Mat Sound Dampening in doors, rear and passenger bay flooring.
- Repaired roof crack in fiberglass next to skylight ( See pictures)
- Rear heater is deleted.
- Has factory rear A/C but compressor has been removed. Condenser and wiring remains and can be repaired.
- Camper interior is functional. Sink and Stove in good condition, Refrigerator only runs on electricity.
- Original curtains intact and in good shape.
- Rear mosquito net for back hatch included.
- Upper Bed and tent intact and in good shape. Small tear on passenger side tent.
- Upholstery has been redone by PO, green and in good shape. Driver’s side has some tears in the seat.
- Alternator, Starter, Distributor Hall generator, all replaced recently.
- ODO and Speedo do not work. Tach, gas gauge, coolant sensors are all ok.