Item Location: San Diego, California, USA
Posted by: vincent Devillaine
Last Modified: 02/03/2019
This is the Weekender version of the Volkswagen Eurovan MV.
DMV considers it a "passenger vehicle" and therefore it is allowed to park in the street, no need for 72 hours permit in SD unlike RV's and trailers! It has a pop-top (sleeps two), convertible rear bench (sleeps two/queen size), an electric cooler under the seat, huge trunk storage, extra accessories battery under driver's seat, a folding table, a dedicated heater blower for the rear, cold AC, cruise control and a few other goodies all around.
It is in good shape and served us well for nearby camping or longer road trips. Extensive maintenance was done:
- Complete exhaust system including new catalytic and sensor / last smog was perfect!
- Complete brake overhaul including flexible hoses and rear cylinders
- Radiator, water pump, thermostat and expansion tank
- Spark Plugs
- Timing belt and tensioner
- Various oil change including transmission
Needs attention / Priced accordingly:
- Pop-top canvas has been repaired (tears / cosmetic only)
- Broken radio antenna
- One rear facing seat is missing its seat belt
- Few dings here and there
- Missing some curtain clips
- Rear facing seat side trim is missing its clips
- Some gear shifts are sometimes harsh at very low speed. Never bothered us that much.
Let's be honest: it's the perfect vehicle for someone who knows how to use a screwdriver. It is a 25 year old vehicle, don't expect it to be brand new. It is reliable and tough but requires regular maintenance/adjustments. It comes with a receiver hitch, two jacks (for easy leveling at camp site), an aftermarket stereo, OEM full windshield fabric curtain and a rear hatch mosquito net/protection (hatch can be kept open/prevents bugs entering vehicle).
Please don't waste my time with trades or tattoo offers. Low ballers will simply be ignored.
(619) 718-2976 - Vincent