We purchased this Westy from its home in Southern California for $4550, delivered. We are marking that a whopping 20% ($910). So, the starting price for the vehicle itself is only $5440. That was a very fair price for this Westy.
HOWEVER: NO, we will not sell it as-is. The one and only price for this vehicle is the one listed at the top of this page—for a finished, done vehicle.
This Westy has all original paint except for the right rear quarter panel which was repainted at some point, and is re-damaged. That is a pretty common spot on Vanagons to be damaged—they turn so sharply, and that is a blind spot..Other than that, there is no collision history, no covered-up rust anywhere. There is only one tiny spot of rust under one window, which won't be that hard to fix.
The engine and exhaust are both all original and still serviceable. Price does not include any work to the engine or exhaust system. Both of these systems should be done at once. The existing engine is warranted for 12 months/12k miles.
The price listed includes $5440 for the vehicle itself, plus the following (which is NOT done yet):
• Damage at RR and small rust spot repaired, and those areas, top and luggage rack repainted back to the original color
• Black texture coating applied around lower band of body
• GoWesty plate steel bumpers front and rear (with built-in hitch)
• New 3-window acrylic pop-top tent
• GoWesty super duper, ultra thorough detail inside and out
- everything that is supposed to be there is there
- everything that is there works, guaranteed
• Completely rebuilt fuel delivery system
- fuel tank re-sealed
- all new fuel hoses on engine and chassis
• Super duper thorough GoWesty major service
- all maintenance items back to zero miles
• Cooling and heater systems thoroughly gone through
• 16" Tire & Wheel Package
• Suspension gone through as needed, Bilstein shocks added
• All NEW brakes, slotted rotors up front
• Refrigerator updated
• Brand-new LP tank
• State-of-the-art auxiliary battery system
• High powered headlight upgrade
• Headlight protectors
• Power mirror assemblies added, but not powered
• Upgraded in-dash CD player with hands-free cell phone and iPod interface
• Upgraded speakers throughout
• Basic AC service so it works, but don't get too excited...
• Over $2500 worth of just-in-case reliability enhancing items
None of the above work is done yet—so there is time to customize this puppy. This would be a great candidate to do whatever you can dream of—it is certainly a worthy vehicle.
Allow at least 4 months for delivery on this camper: WE ARE BURIED WITH WORK!