We purchased this one for $16,750 delivered from the original owner in Arizona. We found this MV for Patrick through our Dream Deposit program, so he paid only 5% more than we paid.
Here is what we did to her:
• Super duper GoWesty maintenance service
- All maintenance items back to zero miles
- New water pump with "anti-sudden death, engine melt-down" steel impeller installed
- New plastic thermostat housing and thermostat
• Super duper GoWesty detailing inside, outside, and under
- Back to as close to new as you can get
- Everything that is SUPPOSED to be there is THERE
- Everything that is there WORKS, guaranteed!
• New Bilstein shocks all around
• All new brakes
• Front suspension adjusted back to new specs
• Four wheel alignment
• New main battery
• New, much higher capacity sealed deep cycle auxiliary battery
• Electric cooler hard-wired for better reliability
• New Engel fridge mounted on quick-release platform
• Eurovan full camper swivel seat pedestal on passenger side
• New Michelin HydroEdge tires all around, mounted on...
• Brand new GoWesty 8-hole 7.5x16" alloy wheels (5, including a full-size spare)
• Nice stereo system with iPod interface and hands-free controls and sub-woofer
• Drop-down DVD player with wireless headphones
• Back up camera with small screen mounted inside
• GoWesty Class 3 trailer hitch and trailer wiring
• Rubber floor mats throughout
• Fiamma F45 awning in silver case, 10-foot
• Black texture coating on bumpers and all around lower body line
• Comfy new mattresses for top and bottom beds
• Shipping to Patrick's front door in Indiana!
Nice buy, Patrick!
Take a look below for a wonderful update:
Sent: Thursday, September 27, 2012
Subject: Still rolling strong!
Things are going well with our Eurovan weekender. A/C compressor went out this summer, but was completely covered by insurance. AUL paid $1500-nice. It is too bad no company offers extended warranty coverage for the Eurovan—I would definitely renew!
Attached are a couple of pictures of our Eurovan weekender and our Shasta trailer. It pulls this 2400# trailer just great—but I made sure the trailer has its own brakes! Kids are young, so we use the trailer a lot. But sometimes use just the Eurovan to camp without the trailer. Gonna use the it as "command center" for an upcoming Cub Scouts overnight.
Thank you for your continued support.
We love hearing updates. This one was really awesome!:
Sent: Sunday, October 21, 2012
Subject: Camping with the kids in our popup girl.
Still lovin’ my Westy!
Camped this weekend in my 2002 MV. Snuggling with my two kids in the
popup at an Indiana state park last night was a memory I'll never forget. The coyotes
were really howling, and the owls were going crazy, too. Some night. Cold out, but we
were warm and snug. There's just something about sleeping in a popup.
Then earlier today, I was driving the kids to
It is a shame VW is not offering any new pop-top vans in the USA—but I am sure glad GoWesty is still keeping them alive!