David and Jennifer brought this one to us from Arkansas.
Here is what we did to their rig:
• Fresh 2.5 Liter GoWesty rebuilt engine
• Fresh AT transaxle with positraction differential
• Full repaint with black texture coating along the bottom
• All new exhaust system
• All new cooling system
• Full page of reliability-enhancing components preemptively replaced
• All new fuel system rebuild
• All instruments repaired and re-calibrated
• High powered headlight kit
• Four 215/60-16 Hydro Edge tires all around on GoWesty 16 x 7.5" Alloy wheels
• GoWesty steel bumpers, front and rear
• New Gray Recaro seats with matching ceiling headliner
• Every nook and cranny on the inside gone through
• Solar powered auxiliary battery system
• All-electric Engel freezer/fridge with quick-release style behind passenger seat
• Nice stereo with sub woofer
• GoWesty Lifting Springs
• Bilstein shocks all around
• Big brake Kit for 2WD
• GoWesty pop-top adjustable lift-assist strut system
• Fiamma 10' awning with black case for shade anywhere & anytime
• Basically gone through from end to end, fixed, and re-fixed!
Congrats on one super clean looking Vanagon!
Sent: Thursday, October 11, 2012
To: S. Lucas Valdes
Subject: Love’n our GoWesty Weekender!
Good Morning Lucas,
Just wanted you to know that Jennifer and I just returned from a month long road trip. North to Custer State Park in S. Dakota, west to Devil's Tower and on to Yellowstone. What a blast and our Vanagon Weekender just performed beautifully! We saw a few other Westies along the way, some at least partially restored w/ GoWesty parts. One rig obviously had your exterior LED light kit installed and I realized then and there that I MUST HAVE THAT!