We purchased this 1997 Eurovan full camper in pretty sad shape for $6000. It was not crashed, or terribly rusty; it was just time for A LOT of work, so the owners decided it was time to part with it.
We sold it to Spike and Ally for our cost plus $470, plus all of the work that it needed. Then, we rolled up our sleeves and got to work!
Here is a report showing how it all added up:
||VPC: VEHICLE PURCHASE CONTRACT
||PARTS - INTERIOR/EXTERIOR RESTORATION
||PARTS - TRANS, TIMING CHAINS
||PARTS - MAJOR SERVICE, TIRES, SUSPENSION
||PARTS - DVD, STEREO, AWNING
||FINAL - INTERIOR/EXTERIOR RESTORATION
||FINAL - TRANS, TIMING CHAIN
||FINAL - MAJOR SERVICE, TIRES, SUSPENSION
||FINAL - DVD, STEREO, AWNING
||TOTAL PROJECT COST
Here is what we did:
• Fresh GoWesty rebuilt automatic transaxle
• All new timing chains and re-sealed covers
• GoWesty super duper ultra thorough 60K service
• New water pump with steel impeller (instead of sudden-death factory plastic impeller water pump)
• New thermostat and plastic housing—just in case
• AC serviced and working right FOR SURE
• GoWesty super duper detail inside and out
- as close to new looking, working, and smelling as possible
- everything that is supposed to be there is there
- everything that is there is works—guaranteed!
• Two new batteries and charging isolator
• Refrigerator ELIMINATED—they did not want one!
• Drop down, turn around DVD player
• Nice stereo and new rear speakers
• Fiamma F45 10-foot awning
• Folding ladder
• Class 3 trailer hitch
• Super comfy downstairs mattress
• GoWesty lift and level
- Bilstein shock absorbers
- 16" Wheel & Tire Package:
- New 16" alloy wheels
- New Michelin tires all around
- 16" spare carrier and 16" spare
- 4-wheel alignment
• New throttle body and secondary air pump
• Minor body damage repaired all around and painted as needed
• GoWesty black texture treatment around lower body band
• In essence... everything that is supposed to be there is there, and everything works!
Happy trails, guys!