Purchasing the correct year range is very important! The early-model snap-in speedometer works with 1980-85 Vanagons; the late-model snap-in speedometer works with 1986-91 Vanagons (the term "snap-in" refers to the speedometer cable mounting provision, which can be either snap-in or screw-in).
Core charge for this speedometer is $300, which is refundable upon return of your old speedometer core, with the following conditions:
• If the needle is broken, you will forfeit $50 of the core charge.
• If the spindle is broken, you will forfeit $100 of the core charge.
• If any mounting holes are damaged, you will forfeit $50 of the core charge.
• If you purchase a snap-in type speedo and return a screw-in type core, you will forfeit the entire core charge.
• If you purchase a late-model snap-in speedo and return an early-model snap-in core, you will forfeit $100 of the core charge.
• If you purchase an MPH speedo and return a KPH core, you will forfeit $200 of the core charge.
Please contact us for a core authorization number prior to shipping it to us, and make sure to package it very carefully!