Welcome to the next generation of ultra-compact, super-efficient solar technology! This folding solar panel provides 110W of useable solar power, and it folds down small enough to fit almost anywhere in your VW camper (12" x 12" x 2", which is amazing!). Custom-made for GoWesty and designed to meet strict military standards of quality and durability.
• 10-amp multi-stage PWM charge controller with integrated status LED and digital voltage readout. This allows you to monitor your auxiliary battery status quickly and easily. Digital display can be flush-mounted or surface-mounted—whichever works best for your van and your lifestyle!
• 50-foot extension cable, which means your vehicle can be parked in the shade while your solar panel basks in the sunshine.
Installation is simple and easy. Permanently connect the quick-plug charge controller leads to your auxiliary battery, mount the digital readout where it makes the most sense for you, and hit the road! When you're ready to harness the power of the sun, simply unpack the bag, unfold the panel, hang it/lay it/strap it in the sunshine, and plug the power lead into your charge controller. Set-up time is less than 3 minutes! If you really want to impress all of your camping (and non-camping) friends, combine this foldable solar system with one of our incredibly-efficient electric fridge/freezers. "What?" you ask. "Can I really have frozen popsicles in 100-degree weather?" The answer is yes. You can, and you will.
This kit works best when combined with a GoWesty Auxiliary Battery Kit. That way, you can use the power of the sun to charge your auxiliary battery, which in turn powers your fridge, stereo, interior lights, laptop, DVD player... the possibilities are almost endless. Please see our auxiliary battery kits in the "Related Products" section below.
• Charging current (max): 6.1A
• Closed dimensions: 12" x 12" x 2"
• Open dimensions: 23.5" x 50" x 0.25"
• Weight: 5 lbs. (panel only), 10 lbs. (with cable), 11.45 lbs. (shipping weight - all components)