|Part #: VANO-SWING-ARM|
|Works with: 1980-91|
|Weight: 17.00 lbs|
|Our Price: $249.95|
|Sale Price: $212.46|
|Enjoy 5% GoBucks credit when you purchase this item online!|
Finally! After years of development and numerous iterations, we believe we have come up with the absolute best product possible! These new bumper mounted swing away carriers are the response to all of the demands we have received over the years. You asked, we listened, and now we're delivering.
Swing Away Features:
• Mounts entirely to the bumper—no body modifications are required at all.
• Only requires three (bomber!) fasteners—minimum drilling, maximum strength!
• Symmetrical design: fits left or right side.
• Super lightweight.
• All stainless steel hardware.
• Totally adjustable for variations in manufacturing tolerances and loads—so it's always a perfect fit!
• Movement control via the dampened pneumatic strut:
- Keeps your load from swinging uncontrollably.
- Keeps your swing away system open even on an incline, so you don’t have to be an octopus to get inside the rear hatch!
• SImple modular design: swing away arm accommodates a spare tire carrier, a tray... or simply provides a solid pad for your own creations!
• Manufactured in the U.S.A., right here on the central coast of California.
• Comprehensive installation instructions—complete with photos.
• Finally, an affordable swing away system!
Fit Note: This item is the swinging arm assembly ONLY. Once installed, it provides a 4x4” platform onto which you can bolt the accessory of your choice. Please see related items below for tire carrier and tray options (additional accessories coming soon!). Requires GoWesty plate steel bumper with integrated hitch—sold separately below. Will NOT fit GW plate steel bumpers WITHOUT hitch.
Wondering about what side on which to mount your swing away system? Check out this article for more info: "Rear Swing Away Carriers: Which Side?"
GoWesty! Camper Products is a privately owned company specializing in parts, accessories, sales and service of Volkswagen (R) campers. It is not affiliated in any way with Volkswagen of America or Volkswagen AG. "Vanagon", "Bus", "VW", "Volkswagen", and "Eurovan" are registered trademarks and should be considered as such throughout our entire website.