2WD Vanagon Wheels & Tires
From the early 1960s through the end of the Vanagon production run, the VW Type 2 went through many changes. During that time the vehicle nearly doubled in weight, while the wheel size remained at 14" diameter by 5.5" wide (6" for the Vanagon alloy). Consequently, the tire requirements for the vehicle became extraordinary! Anyone who's shopped tires for their Bus or Vanagon knows there are few choices left—the best tires are specially-designed with reinforced sidewalls and cost roughly $135 each, and even with those one could expect no more than 30,000 miles of wear and less-than-ideal handling. The solution? Switch to a 15" or 16" diameter wheel, and get these benefits:
1. Commonly available 215/65-15 and 215/60-16 tire size—choose from many brands at a lower cost (half in some cases).
2. Improved handling—15" x 7" or 16" x 7.5" wheels means wider tires with shorter sidewalls, reducing side-to-side tire roll. Click here for customer testimonials.
3. Longer tire life (double in some cases).
4. Slightly larger rolling radius—improves speedometer accuracy.
5. Great aesthetics—your vehicle looks like it should have to begin with!
GoWesty has the best wheel choices for your Bus or Vanagon!
Our 15x7" Alloy Wheel and Tire Package employs a 15" diameter by 7" wide cast alloy wheel made to fit the Bus and Vanagon. Our 16x7.5" Alloy Wheel and Tire Package also rocks. We figured out the correct offset, center cap and fasteners so these wheels simply bolt on. The package includes 215/65-15 (for the 15"s) or 215/60-16 (for the 16"s) tires mounted and balanced, center caps, all new hardware, and mounting instructions.
Are you wary or a natural-born skeptic? Click here for more info.
Confused about whether to order the 15" or 16" package? We suggest reading our article on the subject, found here.
GoWesty! Camper Products is a privately owned company specializing in parts, accessories, sales and service of Volkswagen (R) campers. It is not affiliated in any way with Volkswagen of America or Volkswagen AG. "Vanagon", "Bus", "VW", "Volkswagen", and "Eurovan" are registered trademarks and should be considered as such throughout our entire website.