Item Location: Pheonix Oregon
Posted by: trish malone
Last Modified: 10/25/2017
Detailed information about this camper:
One owner: Proof of one owner documentation is provided by “Siftung Automuseum Volkswagen, Wolfburg, Germany”.
Model: 231,SO 42 VW Camper
Engine: low miles-second engine +/- 80k miles. Replaced with standard 4cyl VW engine.
Color: L555 Titian Red; roof L 472 Beige Grey; Upholstery Dark Beige
Built: October 1965
Special features include: Walk through cab, divided seats in drivers cab; Gas heater in engine compartment (“Eberspacher”); roof ventilation with electric drive; chrome plated hub caps; underfloor panels.
Bus purchased in Munich,Germany in1965 by B. G. Hicks and shipped to New York where he met the ship and drove it across country to his home in SF,CA. VW Bus was driven to Southern Oregon in 1969 and has been used very little. Driven into storage 2013 where it remains today.
Additional Special Items:
• Special gas rear cabin heater located in engine compartment--needs some work.
• A unique feature is the hard plastic top which tilts up from the right side creating about 8ft high and 10ft long compartment back of front seats.
• Front driver and passenger seats are newly recovered with original type and design fabric, very strong.
• Sleeps 4: two in upper interior in hammocks; two on turned down back seat; hammock covers need replacement.
• Original tent (available), attaches to exterior right side of bus, tent contains separate zipper toilet room,commode not included.
• Bus was running and used little when driven into storage in 2013 Phoenix, Oregon.
• The interior furnishings were removed for overhaul, but due to health conditions was unable to begin overhaul. Interior furnishing remain uninstalled in storage with VW.
Old manual hand operated water pump for windshield wiper is not functioning.
• Side view mirrors need work.
• Front top vent replaced with plastic cover.
Cost: $50,000 negotiable
Contact: Trish Malone 1-808-443-9445 email@example.com